Creamed Corn is one of those sides thats perfect for a summertime bbq or the ultimate comfort food during those cold winters. This particular recipe is going to blow your mind!
I can’t say enough about how amazing this creamed corn is. There are a lot of slow cooker recipes which are great too but this literally comes together in less then 15 minutes that you don’t even have to worry about the long slow cooker hours. Instant gratification baby.
Do keep in mind that not all butter are created equally. I happen to really like Kerrygold Irish butter. They sell it everywhere but I buy it in bulk at Costco.
I think what makes this the winner creamed corn dish is the parmesean cheese. It doesn’t taste too parmesan-ey which honestly I wouldn’t mind because I love me some parmesan, but it adds an amazing depth and richness to it that will make you want to literally lick the bowl. And on that note, I’ll leave you to try it for yourself!
The best creamed corn you will come across that comes together in minutes with very few ingredients.
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese depends on how cheesy you like it!
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, sugar, pepper, butter and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and flour, and then stir into the corn mixture.
- Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve hot.