No bake Nescafe cake is going to be your new go to dessert this holiday season. If you like coffee and simple recipes, this cake is for you!
This is one of those recipes that is so amazing that it spread amongst all the moms in Syria and before you knew it, this cake was as popular and as much part of Syrian cuisine as chicken shawarma. I’ll have you know Nescafe is the coffee choice in Middle eastern households after of course traditional Arabic/Turkish coffee. So of course this cake was going to be a winner.
I’m sure when they made it traditionaly they made their own cool whip because that is not something that is readily available in Syria. However, I bought all of my ingredients from Target so it was simple and all the ingredients were easy to find!
If you’ve been following along for a while than you know that I’ve been on a healthy kick. This cake is in no way shape or form acceptable when on a diet. There is nothing healthy about the cake besides I guess the almonds. BUT I do believe in cheat days and I do believe the holiday season is made for unhealthy cakes, cookies and food! When a friend made this cake it instantly brought back memories and took me down memory lane. I made her come over the next day and make it for me! The cake was so big for just 2 people (my husband and I) I figured I would send it with my husband to work but it was so good we literally shamelessly devoured it. Off to the gym, but first, nescafe cake.
This cake is life. If you like anything coffee this cake is for you.
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 7.6 oz table cream
- Graham crackers
- 4 Tbsp nescafe
- 1 cup hot water
- On medium heat mix almonds and sugar until sugar browns and melts (roughly 10 minutes)
- Pour almond mixture on parchment paper and let it cool
- Once cooled and formed into brittle like, use mortal and postal to crack into small pieces
- Set aside
- In bowl, mix two thirds of the condensed milk
- whole can of table cream
- all of cool whip
- and 2 Tbsp of Nescafe
- Separate, mix water, 2 Tbsp nescafe and remaining one third of condensed milk
- Dip graham cracker in this mixture
- In pyrex bowl layer nescafe graham cracker first
- Top it with a layer of cool whip mixture
- Sprinkle almond brittle
- Repeat until done and cool whip mixture is on top
- Spinkle remaining almond brittle on top
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours so crackers can soak up the rest of the flavor
- Serve cold