quick and easy pear baklava gives you that same buttery spiced flavor without all the effort!
I love baklava, as I know most people do! It’s one of those Middle Eastern staples that everyone is familiar with, you know, like our good ol’ friends hummus and baba ghanoush. Every country has a particular way to make it, but they’re all generally the same…or are they!?
So, I decided to leave behind all the phyllo dough and tons of butter and substitute in pears! Genius, I know. Because let’s be for real, the filling is where all the flavors at! And let’s be for real again, it’s summer and we could stand to lighten things up a bit!
It was super quick and easy to make and boy was it delicious! It was warm, tender and buttery and spiced to perfection! They barely took any preparation and baked up real quick! Not to mention, I think they look pretty fabulous too;-)
This recipe is simple and delicious and can be whipped up in minutes!
- 2 red pears halved and cored
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp white sugar (or whichever you prefer)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add melted butter and combine
- Take pears and fill each with about 2 Tbsp of walnut mixture (you’ll want the filling to overflow a bit)
- Place pears on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 min or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool for a bit and enjoy!
Feel free to use any kind of pear or apple you prefer. You can also substitute different nuts like pistachios, cashews etc to make it your own!